Spanish Fork City contracts its solid waste collection services with Republic Services (formerly Allied Waste). If you have questions concerning your garbage service, contact Republic Services at 801-785-5935. To look at Republic Services' Utah County website, click here.
Garbage pickups are on Monday and Tuesday. Please have cans out by 7:00 am regardless. For route information see the Garbage Collection route map. To see which days garbage collection is scheduled, see the 2020 Garbage/Recycling Pickup Schedule.
2020 Holiday Collection
Garbage collection is affected by the holiday schedule from the Transfer Station. Click here to view their website.
- Memorial Day - May 25, pick up one day late
- Labor Day - September 7, pick up one day late
- All other holidays are normal collection days.
You might also be interested in the 2020 Garbage/Recycling Pickup Schedule
Additional Garbage Cans
Contact the Utility Billing Office at 801-804-4501 or send an e-mail requesting additional garbage cans. The charge is listed on our Utility Rates page. Additional cans must be kept at least 6 months.
Guidelines to Ensure Consistent Service:
- All trash/recycle containers must be placed outside by 7 AM.
- Place the container in the street with wheels against the curb or within two feet of the blacktop, and the front of the container facing the street.
- Containers must be placed four feet apart from other containers and eight feet from mailboxes, poles, fences, trees, or parked vehicles for easy access.
What Shouldn't I Place in My Garbage Can?:
- Car type batteries
- Hot ashes
- Small refrigerators
- Unbagged grass clippings or leaves
If you have followed the guidelines for pickup and the can was not emptied, you must call Republic Services (801-785-5935) by 3 PM the day after your regular pick-up day, to schedule a go back. If notification regarding a missed container is made after 3 PM the day following your regular pick-up day, we will not be able to return until the next scheduled pick-up day. Other options will be provided (extra bags for the next pick-up day, etc.).**Recycle containers that have trash in them will NOT be dumped as trash and called into the city.
Garbage Transfer Station
Garbage may be taken to the garbage transfer station. Listed below is information about their services.
Hours: Mon - Sat, 7 am to 6 pm.
Location: Exit 263 - 400 South Springville
For rates, holidays closed and other information, please see the Transfer Station website.
Acceptable and Unacceptable Items
- Tires for a fee, see website for details.
- Dried paint is okay, if liquid, use kitty litter or sand to absorb liquid and then they will accept it.
- Tree clippings up to 6" in diameter.
Acceptable items for an additional cost: Call South Utah Valley Solid Waste District for more information:
- Rocks and dirt
- Tree stumps
- Full loads of tires
- Hazardous waste
- If you have specific items that you are not sure of, call South Utah Valley Solid Waste District for more information
Payson Landfill or the Orem Transfer Station may take unacceptable items. Contact them for further information.
Orem: (801) 225-8170
Payson: (801) 465-5295
Used Paint and Construction Material
Used paint and construction material may be donated to the:
Habitat for Humanity ReStore
253 W. Arrowhead Trail
Spanish Fork, UT 84660
(801) 877-0202, or (801) 344-8527 to schedule a pickup
Spanish Fork residents are entitled to 3 vouchers each year to take yard waste to the SUVSWD Transfer Station in Springville. Go to spanishfork.org/greenwaste for more information.
Spanish Fork City crews will begin picking up Christmas Trees on Wednesday, December 26 and will continue to pick up trees through Thursday, January 17. Trees must be placed at curbside and all lights, stands, and decorations removed. Do not place tree in any type of bag. To ensure tree pickup fill out the tree pickup form at spanishfork.org/christmastrees or call (801) 804-4500.