The City of Spanish Fork offers Traffic School for those who receive a citation. An advantage of taking Traffic School is to provide drivers who normally do not receive citations on a regular basis the opportunity to take an online class and have the citation dismissed. Traffic school will be a total of $155.00. This includes the Plea In Abeyance fee and all other fees. To qualify for Spanish Fork City’s Traffic School, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have received a citation for a moving violation in the city of Spanish Fork
- You must not have taken Spanish Fork Traffic School within the past year
- You must have a valid driver’s license at the time of the citation. (It may not be expired, denied, suspended or revoked)
- You are not eligible for Traffic School if you are a CDL holder
- You are not eligible for Traffic School if you were speeding more than 30 miles per hour over the speed limit
- You are not eligible for Traffic School if you were speeding in a construction zone or a school zone
- You are not eligible if your citation has a mandatory court appearance charge
- You are not eligible for any alcohol-related offense
- You are not eligible if you are under the age of 16 years old
If you have any questions regarding any of the above situations, you may contact the Spanish Fork City Prosecutor’s Office at 801-804-4670.
You agree to pay for and successfully complete the online Street Rules approved traffic course and provide the Court with a copy of the Certificate.
Upon completion of the course, the City Prosecutor will dismiss the charge. If you fail to comply, a guilty plea will be entered and your traffic school and plea in abeyance fee will be forfeited. At that time, you will need to contact the Court to pay for the citation.
Please carefully follow these steps in order to complete traffic school:
- Fill out the Plea in Abeyance form online and submit it to the Court.
- You cannot proceed if you did not complete the above step.
- Wait 2 business days from the time you have submitted the Plea in Abeyance form to allow the clerks time to set the payment up online.
- Pay a $35.00 plea in abeyance fee to the Court. To pay the fee:
- Go to www.utcourts.gov.
- On the right column, choose "Pays Fine/Fees Online".
- On the next page, choose "District or Justice Court ePayment".
- On this page, please enter your citation number and hit "Search By Citation".
- At this point, it will bring up your citation and allow you to pay the plea in abeyance fee. If the fee shown is more than $35 please contact the court clerk at 801-804-4800 before paying any fee.
- The case number is to the left side of the defendant's name. You will need this number to proceed with online traffic school.
- Pay the fee and print a copy for your records
- If you would like to speak with a court clerk regarding any questions, please contact them at 801-804-4800.
- Court Case number (you will get this number when you pay the plea in abeyance fee online).
- Drivers License
- A form of payment to pay $120 for the online traffic school fee.
- A copy of your citation.
Course Password: SPANISH FORK