We are sorry to announce that the Youth Arts Festival for this year has been cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Please know how sad the directors, teachers, and Parks & Recreation staff are to make this decision. We had a great lineup of classes planned, but feel that the health and safety of our community's kids and their families outweigh any disappointment.
However, we still want art to happen this summer! We have put together a Daily Art Challenge for kids of all ages. Each day we will post the daily challenge on our city Facebook page. After you have completed the challenge for the day, post a picture or video! For each day's challenge that you post a picture or video on our city Facebook page, we will enter you into a daily drawing for a $10 voucher off a class fee in our 2021 Youth Arts Festival. We are so excited to see all the amazing art you come up with.
Please check back here and on our Facebook page for our fun Daily Art Challenge, M-F, June 1-12, 2020.
- No refunds will be given after the first day of class.
- If materials have already been purchased, the materials fee will not be refunded.
- All refunds (with the exception of classes canceled due to insufficient enrollment) will be less a $5.00 processing fee.
- Youth Arts Festival Committee Members will be inside the main entrance of SFHS to answer questions and give directions.
- Classes start on the hour and get out five minutes to the hour.
- Students are expected to be in the classroom for the entirety of the class, not out roaming the halls.
- Students should either be in class or have adult supervision if they have an hour or more break between classes.
- No parents are allowed in class unless specified in the class description.
- Only students registered in the class are allowed in the classroom.
- Children under the age of six must be picked up from the classroom by an adult or sibling over the age of twelve, even if it is only to escort them to their next class.
- Parents should have a predetermined pick-up location on the east or south side of the high school to ensure the safety of their child(ren) and festival participants.
- Participants are expected to follow instructions from all Arts Festival employees, volunteers, and staff.
- As part of their registration, participants agree to adhere to the “Participant Code of Conduct.”
- Class List descriptions as well as teacher bios.
- Schedule at a Glance
Follow our Facebook page for updates, teacher bios, and fun pictures of the festival. https://www.facebook.com/SFYaf/