All cemetery decorations are discarded by cemetery staff when they are determined to be old, unsightly, illegal or create maintenance problems.
Unless the decorations are confined to the headstone and surrounding concrete border they will be removed as scheduled by cemetery staff.
Holiday and Commemorative Decorations Schedule
If cemetery patrons wish to keep any temporary decoration they must be retrieved or they will be discarded by the cemetery staff according to this schedule.
Winter Holiday and Commemorative Decorations (November through January) 30 DAYS
All holiday and commemorative decorations, November through January, must be removed 30 days following the event. Cemetery staff will discard any remaining holiday decorations.
Summer Holiday and Commemorative Decorations (February through October) 7 DAYS
All holiday and commemorative decorations, February through October, must be removed 7 days following the event. Cemetery staff will discard any remaining holiday decorations.
Funeral Decorations 7 DAYS
All funeral decorations must be removed 7 days following the funeral. Cemetery staff will discard any remaining funeral decorations.
Spring Cleanup Decorations Schedule
March 1st - Cemetery patrons must remove winter decorations
March 2nd - Cemetery staff discards winter decorations
Mother's Day and Memorial Day Decorations Schedules
- Patrons may begin decorating the Wednesday prior to Mother's Day.
- Patrons remove decorations the Sunday following Mother's Day.
- Cemetery staff discards decorations that are in the way of lawn maintenance on Monday one week following Mother's Day.
- Patrons may begin decorating the Wednesday prior to Memorial Day. Shepherd hooks are permitted.
- Patrons remove decorations and shepherd hooks the Sunday following Memorial Day.
- Cemetery staff discards Memorial Day decorations and shepherd hooks on Monday one week following Memorial Day.
Lost or Stolen Items
Please be aware that the City of Spanish Fork, including the cemetery staff, is not responsible for lost or stolen items. With that said, as we go about our daily routine, we do our best to watch for suspicious behavior in the cemetery and confront individuals when warranted. We do not patrol the grounds for the express purpose of apprehending thieves. Please do not place anything of extreme value at gravesites.