Quiet Valley Request for Proposals
Spanish Fork City is now interested in selling property known as Quiet Valley. The site includes approximately 53.29 acres located at 1300 South 3400 East (North 40.093329° West -111.597424°). The City purchased this property in 2006 with Parks and Recreation Impact Fees in anticipation of developing the property for use as a park. Prior to the City's purchase, the property was used as a gravel mining site. The zoning of the subject property was recently changed to Residential 3 and the City anticipates that it will develop residentially.
Please review the Request for Proposals for more detailed information on the property.
Proposals are due at 2:00 PM MDT on May 21, 2020. The following schedule will be followed in advance of that deadline:
- The subject property will be open for inspection during business hours from April 1 to May 20.
- All questions regarding the property must be submitted via Bidsync referencing bid number 2003-002. Those questions will be reviewed by City Staff and responses will be provided via Bidsync.
- On April 16, a pre-proposal meeting will be held at 1:00 PM MDT in the City Office located at 40 South Main Street in Spanish Fork, Utah. City Staff will be available to answer questions about the property and the City’s expectations for the sale. Parties that cannot participate in person may participate via GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/731228933. You can also dial in using your phone, 646.749.3122, Access Code: 731-228-933.
- A second meeting will be held on April 16 at 3:00 PM MDT. This meeting will be held on the subject property. City staff will again be on hand to answer questions about the property. No provisions will be made to allow for remote access to the discussion that occurs during this meeting.
- An additional pre-proposal meeting will be held on May 7 at 2:00 PM MDT in the City Office located at 40 South Main Street in Spanish Fork, Utah. City Staff will be available to answer questions about the property and the City’s expectations for the sale. Parties that cannot participate in person may participate via GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/900212445. You can also dial in using your phone, 312.757.3121, Access Code: 900-212-445.
- May 21, 2020, 2:00 PM MDT proposals are due. Only proposals submitted via Bidsync will be considered.
Proposals should include the following information:
Cover Letter. This document should identify who is making the proposal, the proposed purchase price, and any proposed takedown terms. Contact information for a representative of the proposing group should also be included in this document.
References. This document should include the contact information for city staff in communities that the proposing group has worked with before.
Examples of Previous Work. This document should include information about other projects the proposing group has completed.
Conceptual Development Design. This document should clearly identify how the proposing group plans to develop the subject property.
Estimated Development Timeline. This document should identify the proposing group’s anticipated timeframe to close on the subject property, to commence development, to commence home construction and to complete the development of the subject property.
Spanish Fork City may refuse any or all proposals for the purchase of the subject property.
Candidate proposals will be evaluated by City Staff, appointed officials and elected officials. The proposals will be evaluated based on several different criteria which include and may not be limited to the following:
- Overall quality of the proposed development in terms of neighborhood design, home design and amenity development.
- Proposed purchase price, timeframe to close and any takedown terms.
- The anticipated time frame to commence and complete development.
- The proposing groups’ previous development experience and the quality of the groups’ other development projects.
- The experiences other communities have had in working with the proposing group.
- Spanish Fork City previous experience in working with the proposing group.
The City may conduct interviews or otherwise have additional dialog with individual proposing groups after the submittal deadline to further evaluate proposals. It is anticipated that a proposal will be selected before July 1, 2020.
Questions regarding the procedure the City will follow during the selection process may be directed to Dave Anderson at email@example.com.