Spanish Fork City contracts it solid waste collection services with Allied Waste. If you have questions concerning your garbage service, contact Allied Waste at 801-785-5935. To look at Allied Waste's Utah County website, click here.
Garbage pickups are on Monday and Tuesday. Please have cans out by 7:00 am regardless. For route information see the Garbage Collection route map. To see which days garbage collection is scheduled, see the 2013 Garbage Pickup Schedule.
2013 Holiday Collection
Garbage collection is affected by the holiday schedule from the Transfer Station. Click here to view their yearly holiday schedule.
You might also be interested in the 2013 Garbage Pickup Schedule, the 2014 Garbage Pickup Schedule, or the 2013 Recycling Pickup Schedule.
- New Years Day 2013 - Pick up one day late
- Memorial Day - May 27, pick up one day late
- Labor Day - September 2, pick up one day late
- All other holidays are normal collection days.
Additional Garbage Cans
Contact the Utility Billing Office at 801-804-4501 or send an e-mail requesting additional garbage cans. The charge is listed on our Utility Rates page. Residents may have a maximum of 2 cans while businesses may have up to 4. Additional cans must be kept at least 6 months.
Guidelines to Ensure Consistent Service:
- All trash/recycle containers must be placed outside by 7 AM.
- Place the container in the street with wheels against the curb or within two feet of the blacktop, and the front of the container facing the street.
- Containers must be placed four feet apart from other containers and eight feet from mailboxes, poles, fences, trees, or parked vehicles for easy access.
If you have followed the guidelines for pickup and the can was not emptied, you must call Allied Waste (801-785-5935) by 3 PM the day after your regular pick-up day, to schedule a go back. If notification regarding a missed container is made after 3 PM the day following your regular pick-up day, we will not be able to return until the next scheduled pick-up day. Other options will be provided (extra bags for the next pick-up day, etc.).
**Recycle containers that have trash in them will NOT be dumped as trash and called into the city.
Garbage Transfer Station
Garbage may be taken to the garbage transfer station. Listed below is information about their services.
Hours: Mon - Sat, 7 am to 6 pm.
Location: Exit 263 - 400 South Springville
For rates and other information, please see the Transfer Station website.
Acceptable and Unacceptable Items
- Tires for a fee, see website for details.
- Dried paint is okay, if liquid, use kitty litter or sand to absorb liquid and then they will accept it.
- Tree clippings up to 6" in diameter.
- Appliances, like fridges and freezers accepted only if they have been certified by a technician that the freon has been removed.
- tree stumps
- full loads of tires
- hazardous waste
Payson Landfill or the Orem Transfer Station may take unacceptable items. Contact Stations for further information contact.
Orem: (801) 225-8170
Payson: (801) 465-5295
Yard wastes that can be composted may be taken to 1800 North 1100 East, Spanish Fork.
Spanish Fork City is offering curbside Christmas Tree pickup after the Holidays, on business days January 2nd through the 14th. Place your tree at your curb after removing all decorations, lights and stands. Trees will be picked up as often as crews are available, generally this is within 2 business days. For additional information contact the Public Works Department at 801-804-4550.