Serving our Community and Protecting Life and Property for over 100 years
The Spanish Fork Fire Department has a long and outstanding history and tradition in the community. Originally founded in 1908 with 20 volunteers and simple hose carts, the fire department today is proud to continue to serve as a volunteer department with 32 firefighters using modern equipment.
The fire department is located in the public safety building (370 N. Main St.) completed in 1996 and houses 8 fire trucks and 3 ambulances.
Historically, firefighters were dispatched by a bell continuously rung for 5 minutes. The bell was later replaced with electrical sirens. Since 1976, the fire department has been dispatched by the Utah County Sheriff's Office by pager.
The Spanish Fork Fire Department is responsible for the largest area in Utah County, stretching from West Mountain through Spanish Fork Canyon to Soldier Summit.
The fire department is proud to be of service to Spanish Fork City and the surrounding community for the past 104 years.